Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help no spark 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help no spark 5.3

Good morning all, I have a 5.3 in a 51 Chevy truck on an s10 chassis. I recently took it to the car was and some water came into the cab and shorted out at teh cig lighter however it didnt blow the fuse like it did the last time this happened. no I cant get the truck started. I have replaced teh crank position sensor and teh cam position sensor neither did any good. I then took my ECU to a buddys truck and put it in and it started his truck but ran like total crap. I dont have teh OBDII hooked up. I know I need to do that and maybe there is no other way to find out what my problem is.

IF you guys have any ideas or sugestions I could really use them I hate not being able to drive my truck.

Thanks
Joey
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to say its a 2001 model motor out of a tahoe if that makes a diffrence.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Joey

If the ecm will start and run (like crap) on your buddys truck. I would look into the wiring harness and connectors. It would be hard to point you in any one direction.

But having the ODBII port would make life a lot easier. It is not hard to wire up.. so I would suggest you get on that and then see about getting a scanner (I use an Bluetooth wireless ODBII ELM327 adapter off of ebay and an free app on my Andriod based Pad to scan my cars, only costed about $25 for the adapter as the app was for free "Torque")... else spend many hours tracing and chekcing wiring and connectors.

Try disconnecting all of the connectors in the area that got wet, it them with some Electrical cleaner (to dry them out of any water) and reconnect them.

Did you find any wire that look like they got shorted or melted ?

Good luck, but get the ODBII port and a scanner... !

BC

Quick Reply: need some help no spark 5.3