LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GM MLS header gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM MLS header gaskets

Cant seem to find these anywhere online. ws6 store has them for an LS1 but only fel-pro and percy for the LT1. Anyone know where i can find a pair?

Also on a side note, is there a trick to getting the header bolts out? I bought the car with the headers on and have never had to replace a gasket before. Any tips or tricks for this is appreciated.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any parts store should carry them. IIRC the stock ones are MLS.

Having said that, why are you set on using the GM gaskets? There are far less expensive equally good alternatives like the Felpro 1406s.

No real trick to getting the header bolts out as long as the original owner wasn't a dumbass and torqued them down tight as hell and used never-seize on the bolt threads. If he installed new bolts dry you may have problems. It also depends on the bolts he used. If it's a 6-point bolt use a 6-point socket, not a 12-point. The more even the torquing the more likely the bolt will be to cooperate.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might actually just end up getting the felpro 1406, it seemed like the general thought on here was that the gm mls were the best you can get. and yea they are 6 point bolts, but some of them seem tricky to get a tool in between the bolt and the header itself.

appreciate the response ramair95ta

Quick Reply: GM MLS header gaskets