Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hass anyone replaced their rear bumper side mmarkers? looking for ideas post pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hass anyone replaced their rear bumper side mmarkers? looking for ideas post pics!

So i want to replace my sider markers on the back bumper but im not sure if ill like how they look at night with the light actually on. Has anyone replaced theirs if so post some pics of how they look at day and night. The ones i want have a black housing and clear lense so if anyone has thos that would be the most helpful to see
Old 05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I don't have many pics of them...I will say run an LED bulb with red LEDs with at least 5 LEDs because those housings will not reflect light well. They tend to work better with the red though than amber (I have front and rear black clear corners) the rears worked a lot better than the front.

You can't even see the light int his shot because they blend so much.

Even the fronts kind of disappear int he daytime unless the lights are on.
Sorry I don't seem to have any closer shots. I did hate the output with these lenses, but I made it a lot worse by smoking them a little (I'm now doing full LEDs inside the housings)
Jessica
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well my front corners i can see fine with the amber but thats what i was afraid of on the rear that they wouldnt be very brighht
Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I wasn't happy with the light output at all with these lenses, and they still melt from the bulbs and when that happens they reflect even less.
Now I'm playing around with running LEDs in there on a homemade board. Its still pretty rough but its a first attempt to see how well they hold up and work.

Jessica
Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well my fronts the light output is great i can see them reflect off the bumper of cars in front of me at night even with my hids on. But i like the look you have on the rear ones those are what im looking to get for the rear black with a clear lense so theylll match the euro fronts i put in.