Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Technology's Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Random Technology's Mufflers

Lessens learned. First lesson, Do not purchase items off of ebay because they apparently cant track back the dealer for warranty reasons. I purchased a random technology's exhaust system for my Camaro after having good luck with 2 of their cats on my vettes. I thought they seemed like a company that produced quality products. I have had my system for about 3 years now and less than 6k miles and the thing went from sounding great to sounding like crap over this period of time. This car is not my daily driver and is garage kept need me note. The muffler split at the welds on both sides where the top meets the side. I can see the packing inside the muffler. This muffler is not rusted. It does not have any dents in it or abused in any way. I contacted RT about the issue. They asked for pictures and in the picture it clearly shows what has happend and that it is their muffler by the random technology logo on the bottom.

They told me without my original receipt ect that they could not warranty it for the reason that others have tried to warranty products that are not even theirs. I said...Well its obvious this is not a competitors muffler and it is clear this is a manufactures defect. He agreed but again refused to help me in anyway with getting my exhaust back together. I asked him if they would give me a price break on just the muffler to replace the blown one and he said no. It will cost you $140.

So what have I learned today? Do not buy off of ebay just in case you have to use warranty and never buy a random technology product again and I will not have the issue with an expensive muffler splitting.

If anyone can help me post pictures, I would love to put them up for everyone to see!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

figured out how to!

Quick Reply: Random Technology's Mufflers