Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NJ ATV title help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NJ ATV title help

I am thinking about buying an atv from someone in New Jersey. they told me they don't have titles. They said they have registration and paperwork and it is legal. I live in Pa and we need to title ATV's here. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not? Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrhzk35404
I am thinking about buying an atv from someone in New Jersey. they told me they don't have titles. They said they have registration and paperwork and it is legal. I live in Pa and we need to title ATV's here. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not? Thanks
they dont come with titles in nj. they come with something called a CO. its like a title but cant be taken to the dmv to get plates or anything because any atv isnt street legal over here. if he has a registration the its for the state parks so he can ride it on park land and what not. if he has all that then you should be good! good luck!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

What does the CO look like?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Certificate of origin..kinda hard to explain. Like a small car title. Ill see if I can upload a pic of mine.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

if the registration is transferable or he gives it to you and it states the state as other then pa, pa will give you a title ased on that. its not like a car they are generaly very easy to get a title and registered. btw pa didn't mandate titles until 88 either it was a option before then but you can still get a title for the earlier bikes without titles.
in your case i wouldn't worry at all about purchaseing the bike. if you have douts call pa state police and run the vin if it's clean you can get it title and registered.

btw you need to register atvs not title them in pa i have sevearal registered in pa but not titled as they are 85-86 models without titles.

Quick Reply: NJ ATV title help