Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Seconday Fuel Pump Activation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seconday Fuel Pump Activation?

I currently am running dual aeromotive a1000 pumps on my turbo e85 setup.

I have decided to run a single Magnafuel Pro Tuner MP-4303 750 pump as my primary (most say it runs out around 900ish at tire) either way I will mess with it and see on the dyno where it stops.

Now Instead of shelling out for 2 new pumps and my a1000 pumps have been fine. I thought I would leave one of the pumps installed with a one way check valve for my secondary pump in high boost.

As far as activation I know about hobbs switches but what about just a toggle in the activation to relay wire or ground circuit?

That away I know where my primary drops off at what boost level and if I am planning on running over that I can kick it on before crankning the boost.

I like the idea of running a hobbs switch but worry about cycling the pump a bunch if I am peddling the car or in and out of the boost quick for the pump to turn on and pressurize what I need... thoughts?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I set mine up with hobbs switch at 3psi for automatic insurance. I also have a manual switch that I plan on activating all the time at the track. My setup is a Walbro GSL392 (255lph) as the primary pump and a Weldon 2025 as the racing pump.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Seconday Fuel Pump Activation?