Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have a Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have a Problem

New to LS1tech here. If this is in the wrong section let me know i will move it. I have a 1999 Z28 Camaro 6 speed. I have a wierd problem and will try to explain it best i can.

About two days ago I started the car and put it in reverse, it acted like there was no power. Then when i put it in 1st, it still acted like no power, so i gave it a little more gas, but it didn't act any better, then it surged forword like i just put it to the floor, when i shifted it fell on its face again then randomly surged foward again. It did this through all gears and in 5th and 6th the shifter was shaking like crazy.

But about 3 min later, everything went away. It acted like it should. 1st it goes when it was given gas and so on.

This happens evertime it is started. Not just when it is cold. It tripped some light. I have to find the list, but some of them were egr failure, vacume leak, catylitic converter and o2 failure (no cat on the car or o2 sensor), multiple misfire.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to say at least one of your front o2's are toast. an ls1 will run like **** when one of those go bad and it can throw multiple codes because the pcm doesnt know what to make of it. but cant say 100%. you said your rear o2's are removed so you know its nothing to do with that. post the codes you got from it.