Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost power to injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lost power to injectors?

I have a 57 Chevy with a 05 lq9 motor. Car is not driveable but would start and run in the shop. It now will not start. I have checked the fuel pressure, 58 lbs. it will try to start on a shot of ether, so I assume I have spark. It seems like the the injectors have lost power. I have checked everything I know how. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ron
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a NOID light to check to see if the Injector are getting a pulse while cranking. You just unplug the connector from the Injector and insert the NOID light into the connector.

You can google or search online to find out more about them. but here is a post on LS1Tech

http://m.modernhemi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487269
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED210
I have a 57 Chevy with a 05 lq9 motor. Car is not driveable but would start and run in the shop. It now will not start. I have checked the fuel pressure, 58 lbs. it will try to start on a shot of ether, so I assume I have spark. It seems like the the injectors have lost power. I have checked everything I know how. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ron
Just one side(or bank), or both? Are they both connected through the same fuse? I would test for continuity between the pink wire on any injector and establish where it goes in the car. Verify this isn't just a popped fuse or something lame.