Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Exit True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Exit True Duals

I am thinking about getting true dual's with high-flow cats into an X-pipe and Dynomax bullett's that exit on before the wheels on the sides of the car. Does anybody have a similar setup to this? I currently have Jet Hot LT's, a custom 3" Y, cutout, and Corsa cat back.

I'd like to see some pictures before doing this. Also, does anybody know how loud this will be? I need to quiet down my current setup (I keep getting pulled over).
Old 03-30-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its loud.I done it but it hung way to low cuz it had to go under the frame
Old 03-30-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah dude i agree with wicked 98 i did it too, even used 2 1/4 inch piping after the mufflers, and ground clearence was a major issue. plus you have to put the hangers on a peice of frame which makes the vibration echo through-out the car. it sounded really good with the set of new flowmaster mufflers i got, they are smaller 40 series mufflers and they tucked up nicely just the side exits didn't do so hot. scraped them alot

check out the magnaflow mufflers, a guy on this board just recently changed his dump set up to those from bullets and they sounded great too. do a search he posted up about it just a few days ago. 02 southfl or something like that can't remember off the top of my head though
goodl uck
Travis
Old 03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking about doing this also when I get the chance. You would probably have to go to oval tubing after the mufflers to get some more ground clearance.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would be bad *** if it was set up like the vipers, where the pipe ran down the side of the car, but behind the body molding, but theres no way it would fit our cars, nor would any kind of rocker panel or body kit look good to cover that up. Have you looked into those 'boom tubes' or whatever there called? Arent those the flat exhaust pipes?