Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air intake question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake question...

on my car i have put a lid on, and raised the airbox. it has made a whole lot of diffenrence already. i plan to get a smooth bellows and vrstack, and possibly a cold air system. my question is is all that actually gonna help...i mean is there such thing as getting too much air on a basically stock car? and if threres not, which one of the mods formentioned are worth it and which arent?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

the smooth bellows is a waste of money according to most people...i dont know because i listened to them and didnt buy one.. but popular opinion is not to waste the money....

if i were you, i would look into either a SSRA or a FTRA. i've been hearing good gains from both and im gonna pick one up myself as soon as i find a place to mount my trans cooler so it wouldnt be blocked by the ram air.

there's really no way to get TOO much air into a stock LS1 (not N/A at least)...the only way you would have too much air would be with the help of a blower or turbo on a stock fuel system....(enough boost pressure would lean the car out too much). as far as bolt-on parts, MORE AIR IS ALWAYS BETTER.....

ported throttle bodies, ram air kits, LS6 intakes and the like are all known to boost power.

the only exception is with one of the aftermarket MAF sensors...once again, according to most, DON'T BOTHER, WASTE OF $$....happy moddin'.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

with alot of intake mods, chances are youre car is gonna run lean.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lid and a Ram Air style system is all you need.

My car still has the stock bellows.