Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Exhaust System Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Complete Exhaust System Recommended

I’m looking for a complete exhaust form the headers back on my 01 Camaro SS M6. I want to keep it emissions legal if I can, and money is no object. I kind of want to go with a GMMG exhaust and thats about all I know. Any and all comments are welcome. My car is bone stock so I need to start somewhere and exhaust seems the first direction I should go.

Mastronardi
Old 03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

i would do a search, and start researching

look a few posts up at JPR's sticky, thats some good info to get you started
Old 03-31-2004, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe I can help you out some:
GMMG - sounds awesome stock, even with LT's/high flow cats, but loud, but lots of $$$
Borla - sounds awesome stock, still sounds good with LT's, as long as you keep the cats, with ORY RASP
Corsa - sounds awesome stock, with LT's/ORY still sounds decent
LM - sounds awesome stock, with LT's/ORY, even with high flow cats, Rasp, but can reduce rasp with Bullet muffler in I pipe
SLP Dual/Dual - pretty quiet stock, with LT's/ORY little louder at idle, but a WOT, pretty loud.
TSP Rumbler - basically LM with Bullet muffler
True duals - sounds awesome stock, LT's, ORH, ORX, etc. dumping before the axle means fumes in the car, and possible interior vibration and resonance (depending on what mufflers you use), over-the-axle is expensive, ground clearance is sometimes an issue.

Keep in mind when you add LT's with high flow cats (since your keeping it emissions friendly), there will be a slight increase with rasp, no matter what exhaust you chose (except true duals), but some are worse then others.

If you want to go stealth, I would go with SLP Dual/Dual and get LT's ORY
If you want the best sounding exhaust on the market in my opinion and not worried about price, go with GMMG.

Like Jamie said, researching is probably your best bet, also check out ls1sounds.com, have every exhaust just about on there with sound clips.

Good luck

Robbie

Last edited by Hardtop00SS; 03-31-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to keep your car emissions legal than forget the headers. Longtube and midlength headers are illegal in all 50 states. The only emissions legal headers are shorties and they are a waste of time and money.If your state doesn't do a strict visual inspection and does the OBDII test than you can probably sneak thru with LT's or mids. (I did)
Old 03-31-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i where you i would get a high quality header like Kooks or QTP. then find a catted y pipe and put that through a gmmg exuast if you would like. they also sound good through a magnaflow. If you want a complete setup with cats, that can be swapped with race pipes go with the FLP headers. you can swap the cats out if you want, then when u go to emmisions you can pop them back in. Im running FLP headers with cats through the Loudmouth. it really isnt as loud as people think it is, i really like the sound