Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Mayhem v2 LS1/T56 68 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Project Mayhem v2 LS1/T56 68 Camaro

As of last weekend, I had the car 100% complete and ready to go. I started her up and she didn't turn over once before starting. That was actually rather nice. I took her out for a drive, nice straight stretch of road out in front of the shop, got to about 20 and I lost compression, had no power. Had to limp it back into the shop. First thing I did was pop the valve covers off. I was greeted with the pleasant sight of a creamy white foam in the valve covers. Water in the oil. I drove that engine a good 4 miles. I sat there and thought to myself, what would PT.com do? The answer? A nice little 5.3l or 6.0l, whatever I can find at a reasonable price. So today, I'm off surfing the junkyards to find my next powerplant. Wish me luck.

I'll leave you with this, the last time she'll have a SBC in her ever, ever again.

Update:

Today's update, I got the engine, paid $2000, it's actually a 54k mile engine. Ordering a new harness and computer from PSI, I talked with the owner, Jon, who seems like a very knowledgeable guy. Plan to clean the engine up a little, it's REALLY dirty.

I need to figure out what oil pan I'm gonna use, whether Fbody or one made for this application. Also, any opinion on engine mount plates? I'm going to run manifolds for now, I'm 100% just trying to get the engine ready to fire, longtubes will be something toward the end of the summer.

And here's what you want to see.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What oil pan, manifolds etc... You going to,use with ur swap?

Quick Reply: Project Mayhem v2 LS1/T56 68 Camaro