first time to track with turbo 400 time slip pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time to track with turbo 400 time slip pics

so i finally got my turbo 400 installed in my car and brought it to the track tonight the mods are forged cast iron 5.3 with patriot ls6 heads and a nitrous cam ls6 intake long tubes ect the tranny is a turbo 400 with a coan 4500 stall the stall was used out of my dads friends bbc that made around 800hp and the convertor stalled around 5200 in his car and now 4500 in mine,the car has a nitrous outlet fogger system but i did not use it yet. 3:73 gears with heavy *** american racing rims with hoosier drag radials the car is still tuned for the m6 but runs really good i was thinking with a set of drag rims i could get into the 11's and 10's with a 150 shot i also don't think i have enough gear so i would benefit from a taller tire since i shifted into 3rd gear right before i went through the traps the car is heavy 2001 ws6 back seats and seat belts removed has tubular k member but other than that stock weight plus turbo 400 and cast iron block lcd relocation brackets with all BMR stuff please comment and let me know what you think would help these times my car also has full exhaust with high flow cats and slp loudmouth thanks

Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luke1834
so i finally got my turbo 400 installed in my car and brought it to the track tonight the mods are forged cast iron 5.3 with patriot ls6 heads and a nitrous cam ls6 intake long tubes ect the tranny is a turbo 400 with a coan 4500 stall the stall was used out of my dads friends bbc that made around 800hp and the convertor stalled around 5200 in his car and now 4500 in mine,the car has a nitrous outlet fogger system but i did not use it yet. 3:73 gears with heavy *** american racing rims with hoosier drag radials the car is still tuned for the m6 but runs really good i was thinking with a set of drag rims i could get into the 11's and 10's with a 150 shot i also don't think i have enough gear so i would benefit from a taller tire since i shifted into 3rd gear right before i went through the traps the car is heavy 2001 ws6 back seats and seat belts removed has tubular k member but other than that stock weight plus turbo 400 and cast iron block lcd relocation brackets with all BMR stuff please comment and let me know what you think would help these times my car also has full exhaust with high flow cats and slp loudmouth thanks

A couple of recommendations for the car would be some weight reduction and a shorter tire. If you're shifting into third at the stripe a taller tire will only make it worse. Lastly, use some periods because your huge sentence gave me a headache.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I was on my phone . I guess I'm going to have to change the rear gear to 4:10 I think the nitrous will help it alot also. I have a trans brake but I'm still on the stock rearend the owner before me beefed up the inside and added a girdle but ik it's not going to last on a trans brake with good tires
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say spray the thing and see if the gear works.

Coach

PS. M6 cars at the track are known to blow up the stock rearend.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

I have a turbo 400 now. it was a m6 before , that's what I was planning on doing I also really need a set of light drag wheels these 18" American racing rebels are sooooo heavy hooks up really good with the Hoosier drag radial but this car needs a diet , I'm planning on maxing out the fogger kit with a 200 shot so we Wil see got alot of fine tuning with the nitrous to do
Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you run with the m6? I say spray it out of the hole and bring that 60' around.

Quick Reply: first time to track with turbo 400 time slip pics