PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00b question for geniuses like yourself about general diablo predator tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n00b question for geniuses like yourself about general diablo predator tuning?

2000 pontiac trans am ws6 with 4.10 gears manual 6 speed

guy I bought the car from had a diablo tuner with it. He said he just installed the stock program that diablo recommended for his car to gain a little horsepower while also using it to correct the speedo because of the gear change + skip shift removal. My questions are:

1) is the stock program diablo has on it the best option ? I'd like to get a little more aggressive than the stock setup if possible but also stick with being able to drive it daily, not kill my gas mileage, and 91 octane.

2) If not, is there a website or posting about the best settings? A step by step guide for a semi computer/pcm illiterate guy like myself?

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I used the search but could not find what I was looking for, and the stickies in the pcm thread were more of an overview. Thanks guys n' gals!

Last edited by eb2phkingood; 07-01-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

is it a newer version predator on a 9rXX revision number? if so, you will be able to record data logs to see where your average LTFT's are at, and can make some fueling adjustments... power it up, and when it gets to the main menu, the revision number is shown at the top of the screen...

here's info on diablo's forums about data logging:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

but, if that predator is an old one on a 2.xx revision, then you can record data logs...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com