Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

NA cam on boost.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NA cam on boost.

Would a ASA cam work no boost or should I say would it be better than a stock cam in a 4.8. I have other cams as well but this is the mildest besides a few stock grinds.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was going to custom order a cam to go into a 4.8L turbo for more of a race type set up I would go in the 226 to 232 on the intake, and 228 to 236 on the exhaust. Probably with a 112 LSA installed or ground 2 degrees advanced to give a 110 intake CL. I would never grind a cam just like the asa cam to go into a 4.8 turbo, but its numbers arent way off of what I would have ground. The asa specs are 226/236-110LSA w/ .525" lift...

If you want more of a budget street turbo 4.8 then this cam would be a little radical and your budget prob wouldnt allow you to buy the pieces to go with it. Hell I would probably run a stock f-body cam before the asa cam in a tight budget build.

If you are building a set up to push the limits of a stock 4.8 internals and you are going to run the pieces to allow you to take advantage of a cam that size.. then yeah it would work decent. However If you have the money to put the pieces around it to make it work then you would also have the money to just buy a better cam minus what you could sell the asa cam for.

Ultimately your question is WAY to incomplete. You need to include alot more info about your build to decide if it would be considered an OK choice. like:
1. heads
2. compression ration
3. intended rpm range
4. turbo(s)
5. gearing
6. vehicle weight
7. intended usage
8. intended goals
9. boost levels

A few more things but basically you need to add some info.

Quick Reply: NA cam on boost.