Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm and remote trunk opener failed at same time on 94 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm and remote trunk opener failed at same time on 94 Z28

Hey guys, my alarm and remote trunk opener failed at same time. Neither of them work. I haven't noticed anything else not working...power everything and everything else is cool.
I'm thinking possibly my battery. The gauge is always in the red. Car starts fine and everything though,....nothing strange ever happens.

I just added a JET PCM to the car (took it out now), and installing that involves crimping a hot pink wire on the black connector for a power source. I'm wondering if these are tied in. I'm thinking probably no though, because all that worked after it was installed and after it was taken out. Seems to have just started here within last couple of days.

Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

to give you guys an idea abotumy battery gauge, it usually reads about quarter way up or a little more (one time driving the 260 miles to houston though it actually jumped up and stayed that way for awhile, never done it since though)
Old 04-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

i dont have any clue what the hell caused it, but I hooked the JET chip back up, and everything worked again....trunk release and alarm.....??????????????????????