Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!

I have a 2008 LS7 5.3 V8 chevy 1500 2wd with a RST package. i bought LT headers, exhaust cutouts and a cam. the cam i bought was Comp magnum flat tappet. I took it to get estamate and found out that the cam wont work. Im looking for really good lope and sound on idle and take off! Could anyone help or share any ideas on a good cam? it needs to work with LS7.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS7 is a Corvette motor, I take it you have a LM7 5.3 truck motor, why dont you want to run A ROLLER LIFTER CAM? Are you planning on keeping fuel injection? retaining the EFI can limit the amount of overlap you will need to get the loping idle you desire, if you go too far and are still running a mass air flow sensor, you will drive it crazy with the intake tract pulsations at idle and never get it to run correctly without system modifications.

This motor is still in a pick-up? are you planning on still using the pick-up to haul and tow things? Are you running the factory ECM? Need more information to help you out. Also is transmission auto? rear differential ratio, and tire size (diameter.) Do you care about fuel mileage?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 PM

They told me LS7 i thought maybe not. they said the palce that makes a good cam for my truck and all they do are my engines (mast motor sports). A roller is what im looking for now. i didnt know at the time i couldnt do flat tappet. and what would i need 2 do about the mass air flow sensor and fuel injection? Haha sorry im really new to all this. I have 22inch chip foose rims. its automatic. and no i really dont mind fuel mileage.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Yes it is LM7. This is the same exact year and truck i have except mine is all white. idk if that will help you?

Last edited by ChevyRST 08; 07-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help!!