Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low mount sanden ac comp 66 chevyII

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default low mount sanden ac comp 66 chevyII

Planning my a.c.on my 66 chevy II with ls1 and six speed,aftermarket front clip.I would like to mount a 508 or possibly sd7 sanden in the factory f body position.The easier way is to mount it up top pass side but I prefer the low mount if I can work it out.The factory commpressor and bracket will actullay bolt up with a little shaved off the motor mount but the lines exit to the rear right into the motor mount.The sanden exits to the side which will work.I will probably build a mount for the compressor.The mounts Ive found to do this are the street and performance,close to $400 and the alan grove steel mount for $170. Does any one know of any other bracket that will do this before I build one?Anyone have an opinion on which is best unit,vintage air or classic air or other?Anyone done this by any chance?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Vintage Air GEn IV...IMO....I have used both. Asfor the bracket, if there is enough interest Alan Grove will make a bracket for the SD7, but they want 20 orders paid. Look on Steve's Nova site, under the LSx section. There is a thread started there about this very thing, and a member named waderaces427 (Jason) doing this very thing...

T,

Quick Reply: low mount sanden ac comp 66 chevyII