Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push button start corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Push button start corvette

Hey Guys. I used to work at a chevy dealership in 08. They had corvettes that had a random number generater in the computer and built into the key chain. Then push button start. It wouldn't start unless the key pad was in the car. Ive had one car stolen and would like to do anything I can with my new build. Is there a particular computer I would need to get or anyone have any ideas on how to get one for a swap? thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The tech involved with that is called RFID.

I looked into it & couldn't really find a straight fwd answer on this as far as the retrofit goes because Vette & including any other car that has his feature has an electronic control over the column lock. I'm assuming a relay/servo just like for door locks and Im sure it ties into the BCM for an oem feature in a car.

Also Fbodies have manual column locks that you can disable or keep the car to be able to lock with ignition key.

I found an aftermarket RFID key less Entry/ Push to start Button / Remote start.
Here's a thread I started that got few people interested and they posted their install/use experience in it. Link
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats cool. It would be going in a GN. If someone wanted to. Could they run a power wire to the output of the button to bypass it? Ive been looking around too. I really like the idea of gps. I lost one car. Im doing everything I can to make sure this one is a secure as I can get it.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

this thread is headed more towards a security/theft prevention instead of a tuning question so I 'll PM you.

Quick Reply: Push button start corvette