Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans am seat lumbar air pump trouble please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am seat lumbar air pump trouble please help

Alright so anyone who knows anything please chime in. I have a camaro im putting trans am seats into. I purchased a set of trans am seats off a guy who obcourse said all functions were working on seats when pulled. I baught the needed wire harness off someone here on the forum that i was told i would need. Finally i got around to installing the seats the lumbar function does not work i checked power with a test light and its deff getting power. So im assuming it needs a new compressor or w/e it is called to pump the air?? Does anyone have this?? But also the wire harnes i baught only has power going to both sides and a single air tube that also goes to both sides. Under the seats however where you would think to connect this air tubing the seat side connection has a connector that appears to take two air tubes into it, like a double connector. So do i have the wrong harness, or is one side suppost to pump the air and one side lets air out, or am i completly missing something? I hope from this you guys can figure out what im talking about. Any info much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you hear the compressor? I had to get the harness for my '00 Camaro that a previous owner installed Trans Am seats in. The harness I bought had two hoses. There were two harnesses I saw when I bought mine. One was I think for 93-97 and the other for 98-02. You gotta make sure you get the right one for it to work properly.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Lumbar issues

I have an '89 Trans Am with seat lumbar issues----seats were removed for carpet replace. BUT the person doing the carpet didn't hook the system back up when carpet done and seats refinished. Where can I find a hose diagram that is complete so I can hook it up myself? The electrical wire is still there--so one issue not critical. NOTE: the factory manuals show only parts of the hose diagram and no explanation. Any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks
Alan from Lakeland FL

Quick Reply: Trans am seat lumbar air pump trouble please help