General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 z28 electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 z28 electrical issues

Just replaced all brakes in front, and after battery dying twice and having to jump it everytime i throw into drive or reverse interior lights start flickering, a/c goes on and off (i can tell because I here my screechy clutch), and lights on the dash start flickering. At first I thought it was because I bled the brakes wrong and didn't get air out of the ABS module because the tcs light and brake light started flickering, but then I read about these alternator problems everyone is having. Car is at 103k now. What do you guys think, sound like another alternator failure? Probably going to go with the kg3 alternator if you guys think this sounds right. Any input would be great, meanwhile when I get home I'll check my voltages everywhere.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the car has barely enought power to stay running, and not enough to power the accessories,, From what you are describing it definately sounds like the alternator could be the culprit, not charging the battery, and usually when the car is running a good alternator is more than enough to power the car,, test the alternator its probably the cause of your grief.. hope this helps