Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

i recently bought the scratch x remover, nxt car wash, and colorX from Megs as well as some new microfiber towels to clean up my car....last night i washed the car and applied the scratch X and ColorX to the car WITH A BUFFER and i have to say that i feel like it didnt do a very good job. some of the scratches came up but the majority of them are still there. 90% of all the scratches are very very fine but i cant seem to get rid of them...WHAT THE HELL DO I DO??? i spent about 7 hours doing this with a friend and i feel like i did not get decent results. No i didnt use a clay bar but that was because i havent been able to find anyone local who sells them(yes it is ridiculous). i have never used a clay bar so could someone please give me details on what it is that the bar does and if whether or not it would make that big of a difference if i didnt have it.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

clay bar won't make a difference for scratches. What kind of buffer did you use? what kind of pad? How bad were the scratches?

Lots of details here that can make a huge difference.

-Tom
Old 04-03-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was my friend's buffer..not the greatest piece of equipment...we used terry cloth applicator pads...the scratches arent too bad just basically from washing i guess...swirl marks mostly...u cant feel most of them only see them.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

that's your problem - terry bonnets and a crappy buffer. In some cases using a prduct like scratchX with lousy equipment will actually create MORE scratches. You're much better off with a quality speed-adjustable buffer, foam pads, and a dual/3 step polishing system like Menzerna or Griots Garage Machine polishes.

However, these products and the amazing results you will get with them cost Money, alot more than what you've spent. For about $250 you can get a complete polishing kit including Porter Cable 7424, pads, and Einszett polishes from www.detailersparadise.com (in the search box type "deluxe polishing bundle" Were you to purchase that you would have what you needed.

Sorry to have to offer spending more money as the solution to your problem, but it really honestly will make a HUGE defference.

-Tom
Old 04-03-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey if thats what it takes than ill do it...i want my car lookin purdy
Old 04-03-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if i had the PC buffer and some better pads would scratch x work better?