Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sleeper turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sleeper turbo build

This is a build i did a while ago that i never got around to posting.

The car was an 02 aniversery ss vert with 2k miles

the only guideline the owner gave me was that he didnt want it to be obvious that it had been modified so i kinda ran with it

quick specs.
twin t3/t4 turbos
turbosmart bov and twin 38mm wastegates
alkycontrol
60 lb injectors
twin walburos
procharger intercoolers
monster clutch
midwest 9 inch
3 bar map

pretty standard stuff for a 800 hp turbo build

The difference was hiding everything, i took the basic design of the TTIX corvette kit ( great kit btw) and made one for the f body. i think speed inc build a similar kit for a while but they stopped

everything on the car still works a/c cruise etc.

I cut the wheels and welded 2 inches into them to keep the stock look and played with some hub adapters to get the spacing right, 15/16" was the final number if anyone wants to take a whack at it. I ended up ordering a midwest 9 inch that was 15/16ths longer on each side to get the wheels straight.

nothing changed in the inside except the two led's in the pic, one is for the meth and the other comes on with the 2nd fuel pump( 2 psi hobbs switch) there is a turbosmart boost controller in the console and the high boost setting is hooked to the rear window defroster ( there was a 5 min or so timer build on the pcb so i used it, press the button you get high boost for 5 min then it auto switches back. the button lights up when its high just like it did with the stock defroster)

also the car has airfilters now ( just inside each wheel) and the turbo drains have been redone since the pics (solid manderel bent 3/4 stainless hooked to the oil pan with clamps and hose)

heres a few pics, the link to the photobucket with all i took is at the bottom. I should have taken more but im lazy

every pic of the car is with the turbos some of them you cant see much..but that was the point (kinda obvious from the bottom)

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=mmi2.jpg

Enjoy

Quick Reply: sleeper turbo build