Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2014 CTS spied

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2014 CTS spied

The 2014 Cadillac CTS Looks Massive
The 2014 Cadillac CTS is going to have a problem once the Cadillac ATS hits the dealers. People who want the CTS will just go for the slightly smaller and less expensive ATS and buyers who need a larger car will go for the XTS.

Hence, the new slightly larger CTS was a way to fit right between those cars, but if it's almost XTS-sized how are they going to convince the buyers who haven't fled to the ATS to pick up an XTS?

While we don't know for sure that this is it, it sure looks like it could be. When it goes on sale, the new CTS will have two or four driven wheels and a choice of powerplants with a varying number of cylinders (we're giving you primo information here, people).

Credit to Jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/5931426/the-2014...-looks-massive
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've read about the XTS and the upcoming CTS, these cars are aimed at totally different markets. The CTS is still going to be a rear/awd car with handling and performance as its goal, while the fwd/awd XTS is geared toward the more traditional Cadillac buyer (former STS/DTS buyers) with a touch of sportiness. The CTS really wasn't a true competitior to the BMW 3-Series since it was closer to the 5-series, size-wise. Now Caddy will have all of its bases covered, with the exception of a premium large rwd car, and maybe a convertible sport coupe.

I bet a bunch of XTS cars are going to end up in the livery fleets, which isn't such a bad thing for GM, especially since Ford abandoned the market.

I'd also like to add that although I hated to see Pontiac go, it looks like GM is doing a better job of covering the market and making quality product, likely due to not having to spread out limited resources. Cadillac has changed into a really good division, with all of its cars/trucks - SRX, ATS, CTS, XTS, and even the Escalade - being vehicles held in high regard.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Now Caddy will have all of its bases covered, with the exception of a premium large rwd car, and maybe a convertible sport coupe.
I have heard the large car is in the works. Probably long wheelbase Zeta, V8 powered. We shall see.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Yup, a halo car, GM just announced it last week. A very very pricey cady.....based on the BADASS Ciel concept i think.

Quick Reply: 2014 CTS spied