strange problem after changing Ignition Coil

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange problem after changing Ignition Coil

Hey all.
96 LT1 Firebird

So I changed the Coil and attempted the ICM. I had purchased the ICM on eBay and lets just say you get what you pay for lol. With the new ICM the car started once then wouldnt start again unless it sat for a moment. The New Coil was a descent one purchased at Advance Auto. Needless to say I replaced the coil but wound up putting the old ICM back in and everything there was fine.
The weird problem is no my ABS inactive light is on along with my TCS Off light. Could I possibly have pulled a wire or something?? I know I replaced everything just as it came off so what gives?? I did start the car while the front wheel was off the ground. Could that have inactivated the ABS?

Anyway I would appreciate your insite

S
Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the grounds on the coil mounting stud. They're probably loose or you broke one of the eyelets.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so it wasnt the grounds on the coil but I did accidentally pull a plug when I removed my K&N intake assembly. It was under a wire harness so I didnt see it at first glance but that was it and Im an idiot lol. Everything working just fine again

thanks for the tip