PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever have "one of those days?" tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever have "one of those days?" tuning?

So its a beautiful day today, so I decide to go out and do a little light work on the car that I've been putting off for ohhhh quite a while now.. So I proceed to:

1. Remove NXL system to track down a couple fuel leaks (a couple bad O-rings, a couple loose fittings). Which leads to...
2. Replace my stock injectors with FMS 30lbs units. Marvel at myself with how much less trouble I'm having putting these in than I did the stockers.
3. Wire up the good ol' Harlan window switch.
4. Re-mount a piece of hardware I can't talk about right now. Look in the nitrous section tomorrow though
5. Do a little spring cleaning under the hood.
6. Start the install of my NX remote bottle opener

Anyway, comes time to flash the PCM to be happy about having the new injectors, and I am wondering why in the world my HDD light is on SOLID and I'm using 340MB of memory (with only 256MB physical). So I do a virus scan -- finds some crap in memory (forgot what) but the scan is taking FOREVER.. I'm talking 300 files in about 2.5 hours !! So I abort it, and fire up my Gentoo Linux Live-CD, fire up the network card, and download a virus scanning package. WTF, no compiler, can't compile the virus scanner. Ok, download a pre-built linux distro with a virus scanner and fire it up. Start scanning (using f-prot) and I hear the tell-tale HDD clicking as the heads re-zero. NOT good. So I'm kinda stuck -- I mount the volume, mount a remote share on another of my linux boxes, and I start copying critical files (LS1edit stuff first) to the other machine so I don't lose anything.

My last ditch is going to be putting a fresh OS on a new HDD tonight, so I can at least get the car going by morning. I want to drive it to work so I can tweak it. Plus I really like driving this car more than the ol' Mustang

*sigh* Gonna be a late one it seems ...
Old 04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I've had those days.