LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problems with 97 lt1 m6

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with 97 lt1 m6

hey guys not sure if this the right forum but hope you could help. first off i have a 1997 m6 lt1 camaro 95,000 miles and bought in march. since i bought it ive been having overheating problems i replaced the water pump and cleaned the radiator and installed a 160 degree thermostat. i never saw a leak until recently i heard a hizzing sound and i saw that water was dripping onto the pipe the comes of the passenger side intake manifold their is no hose leaking above it so i lifted the car and saw that water was dripping from the piped itself. thats one the other is im having an oil leak at the front of the engine which was coming from the crankshaft seal ive now replaced it twice and the leak is still there and drips about 3-4 tablespoons of oil daily but its only after i drive it. and the third problem is that recently ive notice a raw gasoline smell from the exhaust and when i rev the engine in neutral there a explosions. hope you guys can help and thanks.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Default running bad

If theres holes in the steam pipe Get a new one & seals too!!! The oil leak IF its a grove in the crank They make a repair sleeve for the front & rear If its running rich it could be a few things You need a scan tool to repair the correct sensor BUT my guess is the one in the waterpump IF you broke that one when you replaced the water pump Itll run like **** Also with 90k on the odometer You need a tune up New NGK spark plugs, wires , cap & rotor Use A/C Delco parts Also clean the inside of the OPTI & dont **** it up lol That should get you runnin right I think thats what I deciphered out of your writing lol OH & EL Bicho IS that The Bitch LoL Couldnt resist

Last edited by warriorcustoms; 08-13-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Teching In

hey thanks for your help and no its not the bitch anyway i didnt answer untill now because i never got any notification on my email that someone answered. by the way i did do a full tune up plugs,msd wires cap and rotor,and coil when i first got it, ive fixed almost everything except for the oil leak which i have finally found was actually coming from the water pump seal i replaced it but is still leaking any recomendations for that? an my new problem is that the car wornt start sometimes i got a new key and what happens now is i turn the key and the engine wont even turn and after about 2-3 tries the car start no security light on or anything. thats about it for now and again thx for your help

Quick Reply: Problems with 97 lt1 m6