Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What plug extension is this for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What plug extension is this for?

My ABS INOP & TC OFF button have been on for a few weeks... I didn't think much of it, but eventually did feel the brakes give a little. Like in normal braking, it'd feel like it was studdering on gravel. Anyway, I looked under the car today at something else and noticed the problem, lol. It's a plug extension that is hanging down, in two. I unplugged it and looked where the other end went. Anyway, I need to know what plug extension this is. I'm assuming it's the ABS plug extension. This is a bad picture, but it plugs into what appears to be the back of the brake caliper. Whatever that thing in the center is, it's the plug extension going into that.

I didn't bother taking a picture of the rest of the plug that broke off, but I should have as it had a clip on it. IIRC, it had two wires going on the plug.

I know that's not much to go on, but I don't think there's that many things it could be.

Thanks

Last edited by DANSBIRD; 08-14-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If that's your wheel hub to the left, that's your wheel speed sensor. That will trip the lights you're talking about also.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
If that's your wheel hub to the left, that's your wheel speed sensor. That will trip the lights you're talking about also.
Would that have any effect on the braking itself?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If your ABS is disabled, then yes. I'm going through the same thing right now with a bad wheel speed sensor. Only difference is I don't give a ****

If you want a pin-point of what exactly is wrong and where, get it scanned at GM. They are the only ones that have the ability to read ABS codes, and where exactly the problem is.

Don't just start throwing parts at the car. Trust me.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
If your ABS is disabled, then yes. I'm going through the same thing right now with a bad wheel speed sensor. Only difference is I don't give a ****

If you want a pin-point of what exactly is wrong and where, get it scanned at GM. They are the only ones that have the ability to read ABS codes, and where exactly the problem is.

Don't just start throwing parts at the car. Trust me.
I figured I'd start w/ just replacing the plug extension and seeing if it fixes the problem. :o

Quick Reply: What plug extension is this for?