PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer doesnt have ground? no fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default computer doesnt have ground? no fuel?

I recently put my motor back in my car, goto start it up and im getting it to crank and have spark but no fuel. i finally tracked it down to my fuse box that has the fuel relay and a/c relay wasnt working. I followed the fuel ground to the PCM which is pin 37 on the red side. After that i cant track anything down, Its almost like the computer isnt getting the proper ground, im not really sure. I can trick the relay into thinking its ground and making the fuel pump work, but i want to make this right and fix it.

I looked over every ground and im almost positive i have everything correct. i have the two grounds by the fuse box, one goes from chassis to block, i have the 2 on the back of the head, i have the one by the starter, the ground by the battery and also a ground by the radiator on the drivers side. I am lost, any help will help.

its a 98 z28 camaro
Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

The PCM doesn't send ground to the fuel pump relay, it sends +12V. Check the Black/white wire from fuel pump relay, it must have a permanent ground. If it doesn't that's your problem. Check G110 ground (bolted to rear of driver side cylinder head)

If the relay has good ground and the PCM isn't sending +12V to green wire, there must be something wrong and the PCM isn't enabling fuel. It may be VATS
Old 08-26-2012, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is three grounds on the back of the head. Two grounds from the block (one to battery and one to chassis).
Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Odd thing is i grounded the green wire and it made the pump work correctly so now im really lost.

Some cars have 2 and some have 3 on the back of head i hear.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone

Quick Reply: computer doesnt have ground? no fuel?