Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need a 15" Black wheel for Black car that IS NOT a skinny. What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a 15" Black wheel for Black car that IS NOT a skinny. What are my options?

Well I've been looking to get 15s all around for my car. For the rear, I plan on going with a 15x10. Since this car is mostly driven on the street, I don't want skinnies for that. Yes I realize it helps with weight transfer, and times at the track, but because its mostly driven on the street, I wanted it to be configured more for that. It's not a DD, more of a weekend warrior so it will only be out during good weather. What are the options for wheels that aren't skinnies with the criteria I've listed? I had been looking at darkstars, but the only option appears to be either skinnies or 15x10. I'd like something with a similar 5 spoke style.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

15 inch wheels will not clear the front caliper. You would need to convert to a set of drag brakes and even then they may not clear the caliper
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
15 inch wheels will not clear the front caliper. You would need to convert to a set of drag brakes and even then they may not clear the caliper

If a 15 doesn't clear, how are so many people running 15" skinnies on the front? I'm not necessarily doubting what you say, just trying to find out what I'm missing.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Karl
If a 15 doesn't clear, how are so many people running 15" skinnies on the front? I'm not necessarily doubting what you say, just trying to find out what I'm missing.
It is my understanding that Skinnies will fit with spacers and grinding. I havent seen anyone running a wider then a 15x4" 15" Rim. There maybe someone but I havent seen it yet.

Joe
Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Miles with Mickey Thompson 26x4.5x15 Front Tires

I am curious to know how many street miles you can get out of set of MT Front Tires with the various models they have.

In addition, is there a problem of running Bias Ply up front and Drag Radials in the back? I know they say not to mix the two but I dont know if they mean on the same axle or Front to rear? I have heard its OK if not on the same axle.

Joe

PS. I have some 27.5x4.5-15s that I would like to run but they just dont seem to fit. I have seen some guys run them but they havent said what mods they have done to make them fit.

Quick Reply: Need a 15" Black wheel for Black car that IS NOT a skinny. What are my options?