Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some second opinions guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some second opinions guys.

Okay, so here's the story.

I've been looking at ordering a new RAM AIR hood for my 98' Trans Am and been looking at 2 places in particular.

VFN Fiberglass (I only live 2 hours away from it) and RockAuto. Both, from what I hear, are very reputable businesses.

I called customer service at RockAuto but they weren't very helpful with more information on the hood. Here is the link that gives more information on the hood because it is made by various manufacturers (that's what the guy said as well). http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=691483

If you would like to look into my question more deeply, your'e gonna have to go to the site and choose 98 firebird, body-exterior, hood, etc. (Can't do direct link on RockAuto because of the way it's set up.)

1) Has anyone ever ordered a hood from RockAuto with the various manufacture description?

2) Is the hood going to be an OEM hood? This means it should fit just fine then, correct?

If I get shaky about the hood at RockAuto, I'm gonna make the trip to VFN. If it's an OEM hood, then I'll be ordering from RockAuto.

Thanks! and any input is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

I don't know anything about the quality of the hood from RockAuto, but I can tell you that I once tried to order something from them for an older car of mine and got burned on the deal. I can't remember what it was, maybe like an alternator or something for a '92 Lumina, but anyway, they double charged my credit card for the order (had to fix that) and after a month of waiting, nothing ever came in. I ended up having to call the bank and have them reverse the charge. Maybe I just had a one-time bad experience, but after that I've never attempted to buy anything from them again. - My $0.02
Old 08-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackHawk96WS6
I don't know anything about the quality of the hood from RockAuto, but I can tell you that I once tried to order something from them for an older car of mine and got burned on the deal. I can't remember what it was, maybe like an alternator or something for a '92 Lumina, but anyway, they double charged my credit card for the order (had to fix that) and after a month of waiting, nothing ever came in. I ended up having to call the bank and have them reverse the charge. Maybe I just had a one-time bad experience, but after that I've never attempted to buy anything from them again. - My $0.02
That's crazy!

Oh yea, so I might reconsider to this.

http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Fir...f40021-a59.htm Cheaper on ebay but through the same company. Like 470 I think. I read reviews on it and people say that Trufiber is good... HMM.

Quick Reply: Need some second opinions guys.