Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about lowering 02 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about lowering 02 camaro?

What are the ok ,best , and good shocks and spring to use for lowering.
Also what do I need to buy to lower the car some won't have any problems down the line? Do I just need shocks and springs or more .Also can I get a rough price for parts.Not wanting to spend a lot .
Old 09-01-2012, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search buddy.

there are so many options for our cars and it will be based on how you want your car to behave and how you drive it and what you want your car to do:

Daily Driver (DD)

DD and occasional 1/4 racing

DD and you want a better handler

DD and GREAT handler

DD and you don't give a **** you just want the car lowered

DD and you don't give a **** about comfort or spirited driving but you want it lowered

Garage car and you want it for looks

and all these options and many other options and they all have numerous ways to go based on how much you're willing to spend.

and also keep this in mind, if you want a 1/4 miler hotrod then it won't handle well at all if you're doing high speed canyon running, matter of fact that'll be downright scary if you set up your suspension for the 1/4 mile.

If you want a better handling car in the twisties then know that it will not launch well if you want great 1/4 mile times.

If you want a great handler and great 1/4 miler vehicle, won't happen, it's either/or.
if you want to compromise and do both, then you'll have a compromised suspension, it won't do either great, just okay.

my .02

good luck!

Quick Reply: Question about lowering 02 camaro?