Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking to maggie my lq4,need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Looking to maggie my lq4,need advice.

As the end of the season is approaching I want to start piecing together my winter build.Currently my mods are very mild as its a stock lq4 with ls6 intake,228r 112lsa cam kit,85mm maf and cat back exhaust.I love maggies/whipples..though they are not as efficient or make the most power,I still want one lol.

My plans over winter are to so far is header/ypipe upgrade,custom dual 3inch true cold air intake setup,battery relocation to the rear,brakes and more suspension upgrades.

I have fbody accessories and I want to add a maggie of some sort but dont know what kit to use that would work on my setup.My 3rdgen has more clearance to the hood compared to 4thgens but what kit should I look into that bolts on..inline with my drive system.I plan on running 6-7psi of boost..not much at all.Just enough to get me over the 400whp/tq without diving any further into the current setup.Thanks for any info given.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunatly you are between a rock & a hard place. By that I mean this:
All of the maggies will require some modification to the hood & cutting of cowl to fit. ( not a big deal)
THe rock: The TVS2300 will be all you need well past 400 rwhp. It will give you growth opportunity as well as efficiency. However, it won fit unless you are willing to remove windshield wiper motors as well as cut the cowl & trim the hood a bit. ( if you search someone in this form is doing it & doing it well)
THe hard place : the MP112 & MP122 wll fit the vehicle with some modification and will also fit your needs as you will absolutely get past 400 rwhp with either. The issue is that both of these are too small for you LQ9. My 6.0 is out of blower with my MP112. You will however have plenty of fun on the street with monster torque and power under the curve if you are willing to max out at about 500 rwhp & TQ to match. That's nothing to sneeze at however, you need to know going in that they are too small to efficiently max out your set up.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a thirdgen transam with an lq4,having to modify or cowl etc isnt an issue on this car for clearance.What I want to know is if their is a good kit I can get that will work with fbody accessories and what maggies would work with my setup.Sounds like I need to start looking at the 2300 right away but Im not looking to boost alot or run an intercooler at the moment.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a mp112 kit for sale if interested
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the LS1 GTO kit MP112 kit on my IROC with no hood clearance or cowl issues at all. I would not put that blower on a 6.0 though. I'd opt for a 2300.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am bringing this up from the dead....

Has anyone put a TVS2300 on a ls1 swapped third gen, if so what kit did they use, how was the fitment ect.

Quick Reply: Looking to maggie my lq4,need advice.