Decent Motorcycle shops in Frisco area/Motorcycle inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Decent Motorcycle shops in Frisco area/Motorcycle inspection?

Two part post here.

I have a GSXR 750 that needs tires and an oil change but I don't really know a good place to go that's reasonable. I have the tires already but the place I bought my bike from wants $95 to do the tires, and $89 to change the oil. I'm perfectly capable of changing the oil but been bit by the lazy bug, lol. Plus it's a pretty good ride out there and I was hoping to find some place closer.

Second is I need to get my bike inspected but since this is my first bike and I've never had to get a bike inspected I really don't know where to take it. Tires and oil need to happen first but I'd like to have an idea where to take it. I live in The Colony but I thought maybe there was somewhere in Frisco that could take care of me. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For inspection u just need good tires not on the wear markers and make sure ur lights & blinkers work. Bike inspection is basiclly a safety inspection like a car. Plus almost any dealer can do it, u can even take it to a Harley dealer lol
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to go to a Motorcycle Dealership to get it inspected... Just about anywhere that inspects cars can do Motorcycles as well. I go to a Jiffy Lube near my place to get mine done. They don't ride it or operate any of the controls... they have you do it for Liability reasons. Takes 5 minutes to do and costs $15 bucks. All they check is, like stated above, tires not on wear bars and all safety features and lights work properly.

As far as the tires... call around and price it or find a little hole in the wall bike shop to do it, its a basic repair. I have one in Fort Worth I have used several times, you can PM me if ya want the name. Also they Charged me $20 per tire.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. I'll start calling around and see who can do inspections. The tires need to be replaced because the front is over 5 years old now and starting to look bad and the rear tire has a nail. I already bought the tires because I got a great deal on them. Fort Worth is a little far but I'll pm anyway. Thanks for your replies guys.

Quick Reply: Decent Motorcycle shops in Frisco area/Motorcycle inspection?