Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found piece of rocker lever on teardown

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found piece of rocker lever on teardown

Ok last night I was taking the heads off of my 98 ls1. Once I pulled the headgasket I found what looks like one of the caps from the side of a rocker lever sitting down in the lifter tray. It is broke right on the top edge. None of the rockers are missing this cap though. Have any of you seen this before or had problems with the stock levers doing this. I'm think that maybe it broke one before and this piece was left in there to keep from pulling the heads? Just wondering if this was a common problem or if I need to be looking at replacing the rockers. Any info appericated..
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Can you give us a picture?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew that was going to be asked but I can't get a pic until later im at work right now. I'm thinking that it was broke before and someone just slapped a new lever on it and couldn't reterive that piece. But the thing that scares me is that cylinder had a a rocker that was loose on it. This is my first ls build you so there are alot questions?? When I say loose I mean it hadd some lash. Didn't measure it but I would say in the low .020's But the rocker bolt was torqued??
Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

" Didn't measure it but I would say in the low .020's But the rocker bolt was torqued??"

Lifter collapsed.

Quick Reply: Found piece of rocker lever on teardown