General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

so.....im stumped and its frustrating!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default so.....im stumped and its frustrating!!!

Hellow everyone, as I was driving my 97 m6 home from work I got stuck at a red light... listening to some music WHEN all of a sudden my car started to shake for about 2 seconds and heard a loud noise coming from underneath the car (probably from the engine just dieing all of a sudden)...and BAM...it died. I was thinking, what the heck? So i tried to start the car and NOTHING.It sounded like it was going to start right back up...but it didnt, tried it a few more time and nothing. My "low oil" light has been on for some time noe...but i just got an oil change about a week ago (more on this as you read on). So i reach for my cell phone to call for assistance and wouldnt you guess it....YUP my damn cell phone was DEAD too...so im waiting on the side of the road for about 45 minutes hoping that someone i know will see me and stop. sure enough, some coworkers stop and lend a helping hand. i get my car towed home and i check the oil level on the dipstick..oil level is fine...WHAT THE HECK COULD IT BE!!!!! i also recently (a few months ago) changed the ICM and the ignition coil
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

First 3 things to check is Do you have air, do you have Fuel, and do you have spark. These are the 3 things the engine must have to run. Do you have this?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

How about starting by checking the codes?

Originally Posted by HIZPANICGUY21
So i reach for my cell phone to call for assistance and wouldnt you guess it....YUP my damn cell phone was DEAD too...
Maybe you got hit buy an Electromagnetic Pulse?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
How about starting by checking the codes?

Maybe you got hit buy an Electromagnetic Pulse?
Me thinks most don't know what that is. It's Funny you say that because that is the first thing that went thru my mind. lol lol.

Quick Reply: so.....im stumped and its frustrating!!!