Chemical plant jobs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Chemical plant jobs?

So I apologize in advance for bein a noob when it comes to this stuff, but was wondering what jobs there are and how to go about obtaining them, such as schooling and experience and what not. I know a couple people who are operators (no idea what that means) but apparently petroleum engineering is where it's at according to my buddies at UT. Just wondering who does what here and how you achieved it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth a degree switch or not. Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have your ptech degree which can either be a associates or certificate (if you have another degree then it'll transfer to cover your basics) or a engineering degree which is beyond the operations job requirement. Everything else really can be answered in the other thread.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tata
You have your ptech degree which can either be a associates or certificate (if you have another degree then it'll transfer to cover your basics) or a engineering degree which is beyond the operations job requirement. Everything else really can be answered in the other thread.
Other thread? I have no idea what a ptech degree is. I'm currently in school for nuclear medicine I'm sure my classes would transfer but I'm just curious as to which ones I will need and what is the degree called and stuff. Sorry if this is confusing but I'm an ultra noob when it comes to this stuff.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Ptec=process technology

Might find some useful information here.

http://northeast.hccs.edu/portal/sit...extfmt=default

Quick Reply: Chemical plant jobs?