Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions about Diablo for lsx's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about Diablo for lsx's

Used to run Diablo predator on the 03 cobra i had, and liked it. Now i have a 2k T/A and i keep hearing how HPtuners and EFI live are the cats meow for these cars. Not knocking them but i'll rather use something i'm familiar with.
Can i store 2 tunes with the diablo like i did with my previous car? that's a plus if i could, would hate driving around on a nitrous tune when wanting to run N/A , or have to buy a timing box to tinker with the timing. Would i be leaving something on the table (performance) by not using one of the top tuning brands everyone rants about? Locally I have Steve@Thunderautosports which is a local diablo certified tuner, which can custom tune the car on his Dyno and i've known for a few years or, i can Drive 30+ miles and have Lashway motorsports do their thing, but they use HPT...
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't DIY tuning then go with the Diablo.

If you do DIY tuning then get either EFILive or HPTuners.

EFILive can store multiple tunes and logs on an SD card in the handheld unit in standalone mode (allowing you to swap tunes without a laptop, can leave the laptop at home), and integrates serial comms AFR/lambda data from any of the widebands that support serial comms (meaning you can avoid analog voltage offset problems); if you want nitrous/boost, EFILive has a few COS's included that have nitrous/boost tables (avoiding external timing box).

I don't know the HPT features.

Use whatever your tuner uses.

Sound like you prefer the Diablo.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, the diablo tools can hold 5+ custom tunes in them at a time...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PaSteLaSo4U
Used to run Diablo predator on the 03 cobra i had, and liked it. Now i have a 2k T/A and i keep hearing how HPtuners and EFI live are the cats meow for these cars. Not knocking them but i'll rather use something i'm familiar with.
Can i store 2 tunes with the diablo like i did with my previous car? that's a plus if i could, would hate driving around on a nitrous tune when wanting to run N/A , or have to buy a timing box to tinker with the timing. Would i be leaving something on the table (performance) by not using one of the top tuning brands everyone rants about? Locally I have Steve@Thunderautosports which is a local diablo certified tuner, which can custom tune the car on his Dyno and i've known for a few years or, i can Drive 30+ miles and have Lashway motorsports do their thing, but they use HPT...
As Lew mentioned, yes, you can load up to 5 custom tunes to our Predator or Trinity, inTune will hold more tunes than you could ever need.

As for Steve at Thunder, well, hes the man, and you're in great hands with him, and he knows his way around CMR
If Steve needs anything, he knows how to contact me as well.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Few questions about Diablo for lsx's