General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need some advice for rod bolts, timing chain, and oil pump to go with

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice for rod bolts, timing chain, and oil pump to go with

well, my setup in the ls1 is getting near to complete, and the only thing left to do is beef up a few things so my motor doesnt fail. the main thing i'm wondering is what is a good oil pump to go with, and timing chain. should i do a twin scroll? rod bolts wise, i think i'm going to go with k-tech, unless arp's are better. oil pump wise, i can get a ported and shimmed ls2 oil pump, or should i go with a ported ls6 oil pump from tsp? i plan on getting an oil pan baffle too, i'm pretty sure i'm set on going with improved racing there.

any help would be great. links would be fantastic
Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my personal opinion but I just put in a ported LS6 oil pump and LS2 chain along with the other goodies. I would suggest ARP rod bolts for longevity. They make a great product.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put my second jy motor in my car......i used arp rodbolts on the first one and from what i can tell they were the cause of me loosing a rod bearing. no other issues found in the motor whatsoever. denmah just went 9.95@141 with his 5.3 taht has stock rodbolts. if your doing the rodbolts resize the big end of the rod or let them be

Quick Reply: Need some advice for rod bolts, timing chain, and oil pump to go with