Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Similar to other titles...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar to other titles...

Hello everyone. Obvious new guy here. Looking to learn a great deal from this site. Hopefully this is "the" tech site for the lsx platforms...as the site I'm coming from has spoiled me a great deal (for my current platform).

I live in Southern Wisconsin & work in the beer industry...it's a good get. I've grown tired of fwd and long for rwd, as my first car was a 70.5 camaro which I built with my old man when i was 14. IIRC we only had about 330@ the crank...but it was my first car and I loved it. Winters in northern wisconsin in that thing were outrageous.

Regardless, my current car is an 07 mazdaspeed3. some basic bolt-ons and a tune put me at 307/358 at the wheels. Love the punch from the turbo and the versatility of the car, in general. However my daughters aren't getting any smaller...and it's really just an excuse for me to find a V1

That said, my car is up for sale, I'm doing some preliminary shopping for gen1 V's, and looking forward to getting back to rwd and the sound of a v8.

Car will be my DD, so power goals are to remain in check for as long as possible. Looking to get around 400 to the wheels, but haven't read enough yet as to what the balance point is for OEM things to start breaking (mounts/diff aside)...so may be happy with a little less...but want at least 370...ha

Would like an ls2 but will be happy with an 05 ls6, as well. don't want an 04 because I'm superstitious.

Look forward to learnin muh brains.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No love huh? sad face.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome. You have come to the right place for anything LSX related. Post up in the "V" section of the site. There are a lot of knowledgeable guys in there.

Good luck on finding the perfect one!

Quick Reply: Similar to other titles...