Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New To FBodies and LS motors.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New To FBodies and LS motors.

Whats Going on Everybody the Names Logan! i have little knowledge of F bodies and ls motors looking to expand my knowledge ive owned my Trans am for aprox. a year now but its mostly just a throw together from someone hoping to create something of worth more on it later. My Reason for joining ls1tech is because i come here seeking a more advance knowledge from LS guru's and such. My experience with these vehicles are very slim, About me im 20 years and im in the US Marine corp just a little history about my vehicle exp. my First Car Was 91 Firebird formula i just so happen to total it 2 weeks after i got my license.. who hasnt though?? . my next car was then a 87 Fiero se, which while in high school i did a "3800 n/a, comp cam" engine Swap. quick little car for what its is.. my next car would just happen to be another Fiero this time being an 88 gt which i swap a 3800sc into, much quicker. after joining the Marine Corp I bought my 01 Trans Am it had 45,xxx miles beautiful car Midnight Blue,, Previous Owner INstalled Crane Cam #4, Typhoon intake with fuel logs, bbk 85mm TB, Kooks headers, y-pipe to flowmasters, power adder nitrous not sure of bottle weight. Full throttle setup is super G rigged.. operational but not professional. As Far as that goes the only thing ive really had time to do was put heads (PRC LS6 stage 2.5 got a good deal on them from a friend) on it so that cam could breath (hopefully a better choice then stock?) now that training is over i can really start to pick this car apart. And Really Get in there and i learned alot from doing the quick Head swap. But Im Thinking i need way more. oh and i picked the Car up for $10,000 dollars seems like a steal.. Feel Free to comment and let me know what you think so far. Thanks Logan!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Default Pics of car..

Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Welcome
And nice car!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

beautiful car man, as far as my knowledge goes (not very far) i have heard those are a great set of heads. now that you have the time i personaly would work on that nest of lines u got goin on. good luck with your future endeavors
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Teching In

Nice car always loved that color on a Trans Am
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Teching In

welcome...nice car
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Thanks Everybody for the compliments And yes it is a Mess of Lines and Wires! I got a long weekend ahead of me to Clear, reroute them should be interesting! Any one know any good threads on how to remove The PCV system?

Quick Reply: New To FBodies and LS motors.