General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

Alright, so the other day I was driving and everything was all good. Well, once I parked and turned my car off, I see smoke come up from my hood. (The water temp was normal at this time). Well I pop the hood and could hear fluid pouring and I later identified that the hose connected to the bottom of the radiator had come loose. Well, that evening, before I drove it anymore, I put it back on and added water to it. Everything was good for a few days until I was driving one day and noticed the "Check gauges" light had come on and I noticed the water temperature was nearing the red.. I immediately shut the car off and parked.. Once again, I added water to it and took it to the local shop. They did a pressure test to test for leaks, and also replaced the thermostat thinking it may have been sticking. Well, I drove it for two days and today I was driving and once again it overheated.. I pulled over and popped the hood and noticed there was fluid leaking, but I could not tell from where. Again, I added water to it and drove it home and once I got home I checked for any leaks and there hasn't been a drop fallen since I have gotten home today.

So it appears it only leaks when it overheats? Please help guys.. Thanks..
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like you just had a hose come loose.

It doesn't leak when it over heats....it gets hot and the pressure builds up and pushes the coolant out.
Sounds like you had air in the system after the initial over heat when the hose came loose and maybe you finally worked that out as you kept refilling with water.

Now is the time to check the coolant level in the RADIATOR........not in the over-flow coolant tank. Top it off if needed.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had any time to work on it. I will update as soon as i do.

Quick Reply: Overheating