Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano springs, shocks, and spring spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano springs, shocks, and spring spacers

Hi everyone. I've been a long time lurker on websites. Generally don't post as the search function can work for me.

I've got a 01' v6, bought it used and I've realized the shocks are bad. Since I'd be replacing the shocks, I figured I might as well improve the handling and put some new springs in as well. I'm using it more as a DD than road course, but I like feeling lateral G's.

I've got the W68 package, and I've since removed the front lips due to them scraping the ground. So my questions..

1. I heard Strano springs are the best, but as I am so close to scraping the ground, the 1.2" drop may be too much. I know there are spring spacers that would add another 1" to the height, however I'm not sure how much effect that would have with the quality as compared to a spring designed to be at stock height.

2. If I were able to use the spacers, which shocks would work, or should I go for adjustable ones?

3. My front bumper is damaged, and I am needing to replace it. My third question is, would the Trans Am front end give me a bit more ground clearance than the v6 front end?

4. I measured the height of my fenders (from the ground to the top of the wheel well). The measurments are: Driver front, 27", Passenger Front, 26 1/4", driver rear, 28 1/4", pass rear, 28 1/4". Would fixing the suspension level out my car a bit?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your not looking to lower very much. go for the bilstien and slp spring package about 3/4-1 inch lower and will handle and ride 100x's better than now

Quick Reply: Strano springs, shocks, and spring spacers