Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car Cover Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover Recommendation

Anyone have any good recommendations on car covers? I'm not looking to spend an arm & a leg except something to keep it clean. Water proof would be nice although it would be mainly used when the car sits in the garage over winter.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

If it's just gona be in the garage then a regular generic one from kmart should be fine. I have one and it doesn't protect from rain at all and its hard to put on by myself so I don't use it much. I'm in college though so I of course don't have a garage unfortunately. But yeah since the car is already gona be in a garage I don't think it really matters what you get.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Yeah I mean that's what I sort of figured. I may start to like it too much & want to put it on the car at night too if it is left outside during the summer. Maybe I'll just end up opting for a cheap one like you said just for the winter. It's mainly just to protect it from getting all dusty & **** like that. Over the winter when I was working on it friends would come in the garage leaning up against it & cause of all the dust & stuff would end up scratching it. Was pretty pissed about that cause I barely even noticied cause I was underneath the car the whole time haha
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you care about your paint you won't get a garbage car cover from Walmart. I am going to get this after I get my paint corrected.

http://shop.jwmotoring.com/product.s...&categoryId=16
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djfury05
If you care about your paint you won't get a garbage car cover from Walmart. I am going to get this after I get my paint corrected.

http://shop.jwmotoring.com/product.s...&categoryId=16
Hmm that does look really nice. Now that I see something like that I'm really just thinking about making my own. My ma has been into crafts & sewing ever since I was born so I don't think she would mind giving me a hand. If I come up with something & make one I'll be sure to take some pics & let you guys know.

Quick Reply: Car Cover Recommendation