Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy needs help with cam/heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy needs help with cam/heads

Hello, I am sort of new to the whole internal engine thing. So i have a couple of questions, ok I want to put a new cam and heads into my car this summer but I am not exactly sure what cam/heads I should get for the most HP/TQ gains and still keep my car somewhat streetable. If anyone has a site I could read up on some stuff or has some info for me that would be great. Thanks for the help guys. Or get me on MSN messanger masterofthewo64@hotmail.com
Old 04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this IS the site to read up on

seriously, spend the next couple of weeks just reading in here. everyone has there own defition of streetable, keep that in mind.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I don't know of any sites you could use to learn about ls1 heads/cams.
Anyone else know of any sites this guy could use to learn about ls1 tech?

Sorry man, just kidding. Do a search on this site. I hear the 216/220, 220/220 and 224/224 are really good "stretable" cams that'll pass smog and still make good power. It all depends on what your definition of streetable is. I suggest you do a search on those three to get some good info.

More specific data on what you want would help too. Do you have to pass a sniffer test? How often are you willing to change your springs? Do you want a lope or stock like idle? Etc. There's a lot of stuff to think about. After reading the posts that show up on your search you should have a better idea of what's involved with making your heads/cam decision.