What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 ls1 60k miles HELP! should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 ls1 60k miles HELP! should i buy?

I found a 1998 camaro z28 its a show car and has troffys to come with it and has been babied its hole life with 64k miles and he said he changes the oil every 6 months and keeps everything top notch it is in mint condition and has been garage kept. It also has a full exhaust and intake short shifter and a programmer he said it should be making about 350hp. My questions is should I pay 7800$ for it? And is there anything I should know about this year car? On another note if it affects the value the car has cloth seats and no sun roof or t tops and is red with the 2 stripes. Please any input will help I just don't want to overpay I'm going to pick it up tomorrow
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a deal to me. Post some pics if you can.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$7800 for a car that does well at a show w/60,000 sounds like a good deal to me.
Hardtop & cloth would'nt scare me off. Hardtops do not leak & cloth does not crack
it's preference really.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by sreve
$7800 for a car that does well at a show w/60,000 sounds like a good deal to me.
Hardtop & cloth would'nt scare me off. Hardtops do not leak & cloth does not crack
it's preference really.
yeah thats true i just wanted second opionions i sometimes get excited and then find my self in over my head and i just wanted to make sure i wasnt dropping almost 8k on a 1998 model car that wasnt worth it

Originally Posted by 2002 blue z28
Sounds like a deal to me. Post some pics if you can.
Just a second and ill see if i can post some . As for the car he has owned it since 2007 and just been taking it to shows and it has been setting in his garage he said he bought it with 60,213 miles on it and it now has 65,537

1998 Camaro LS1 6 speed ,VERY LOW MILES 65,100 GARAGE KEPT (babied) you may say, hadn't seen rain in over 4 years EXCELLENT condition. Comes with lots of extras plus ORIGINAL FLOOR MATS plus more .Eibach lowering springs. originals include power arogrammer, s/p cold air pack, EDELBROCK HEADERS, twister race muffler, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, MSD wires, POWER WINDOWS, POWER DOOR LOCKS, and POWER SEAT. TILT WHEEL , NEW TIRES, NEW BRAKES and PLUGS

that is what he said about the car and i just posted some pics over in the photos
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a good deal to me. The interior and motor look clean on it, as it should with that mileage and him not driving it a lot. The only thing I would possibly do, personally, is run the vin thru carfax. I would like to know the history of the car, as a lot these cars are dogged on/or wrecked by previous owner. If its good I would jump on it. Getting harder to find these cars in good shape at a reasonable price. Good luck, and nice looking camaro.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by IROCSS
Sounds like a good deal to me. The interior and motor look clean on it, as it should with that mileage and him not driving it a lot. The only thing I would possibly do, personally, is run the vin thru carfax. I would like to know the history of the car, as a lot these cars are dogged on/or wrecked by previous owner. If its good I would jump on it. Getting harder to find these cars in good shape at a reasonable price. Good luck, and nice looking camaro.
yeah i already ran it and checked all that and it was all good
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

A clear title and clean Carfax LS1 well-maintained, very good condition car with those 65k miles seems very fair to me as well at that price. Even sinking another $1,000 - $1,500 into it for mods or repairs still makes it a decent car to own for many years. Check it out good though. Never assume anything.
You might even win a trophy or two of your own.

Quick Reply: 1998 ls1 60k miles HELP! should i buy?