Trans swap question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans swap question!

So 95 3.4 a4 going into 93 z28m6
The 95 automatic is electronically controlled
In 93 the 700r4 wasn't. So there's no wiring to the harness that connects I don't think.
I already know I'm going to have to cut and weld into where te boot used to be on the 93. But does anyone have any tips? I'm putting the whole front subframe in and have but now I'm going to do all the little stuff like a little reppining and rear end and this came up. So anyone. Help?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be in the tranmission section.

You're taking an auto from a 95 with a 3.4 V6 and putting it in place of the 93 6 speed with the LT1? If so the 3.4 transmission will not bolt up to an LT1, it has a smaller bellhousing.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
This should be in the tranmission section.

You're taking an auto from a 95 with a 3.4 V6 and putting it in place of the 93 6 speed with the LT1? If so the 3.4 transmission will not bolt up to an LT1, it has a smaller bellhousing.
No I am swapping the entire drive train. I'm putting the 83 drive train in my 95 and vice versa. I got the car when I was 12, sentimental value. As selling off the donor car with my v6.

So far I've swapped the subframes. Now I'm getting into the wiring. I'm using the Ecu and engine harness that are correct to each year so Injtially I thought I would just do a little re pinning. However with this transmission debocale I think I'm going to swap the dash harnesses as well, just cut wires from the trans wires back swap them and do a nice soldering job to hook them back up. That way the electronic trans won't be an issue and I won't have to re pin. The only reason I would cut it and not swap the whole harness is because I don't want power windows or seats

Please guys any help or advice. If that doesn't make sense just tell me I will try to explain better. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Trans swap question!