General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Any way to open/close hatch from drivers seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any way to open/close hatch from drivers seat?

Yeah, I know this sounds weird. I'm wondering if anybody has ever setup their car in such a way as to be able to FULLY open the hatch up from the driver seat, and then be able to close it again.

I've got an idea I want to try, and it requires me to be able to do this. I don't necessarily have to be actually driving, just sitting at a stop.

I'm envisioning some kind of lever setup. I had thought of a cable but it doesn't seem that these hatches can open on piston power alone, seems I'd still need to give them some kind of encouragement......

Unless, really powerful spring to open on hatch release, then long choke cable to start the downward swing to close......?

Fire away. I figure at least 5 people will call me retarded, but maybe I can figure this out with some help!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i wont call you retarded but i will call you lazy. its like 5 steps just get out and open/close the dam thing.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Research linear actuators
Old 10-28-2012, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bingo! The wording of "linear actuator" was the key, google immediately yielded servo city and it looks like i could probably piggyback a couple of the 25lb lift models onto the existing struts for the hatch. Thanks for the tip, this is exactly the kind of thing i needed.

if this project ever gets completed..... Ill try to come back and show yall what i accomplished.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

West coast customs is good for something lol

Quick Reply: Any way to open/close hatch from drivers seat?