Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner

Well I cant believe I did this but I traded my beloved 97 sierra for a 98 ws6

I'll try to make a Long story short
5yrs ago my buddy's wife past away, about 6mo later he asked me to help him find a nice older Camaro.. NO no no. I know of a 79 bandit for sale. He bought it that night. A few months later he pulls up to my house in this 98 TA uber excited. I looked around the car and told him "WTF were thinking?"
Paint is horrible, interior need's a lot of work, needs new rubber and has like 170k on the clock.
I was actually really pissed he spent as much as he did. Try as he might I refused to take the thing for a drive.
Later that summer he needed to borrow my truck for a few days and offered his 79 TA. Ummm no give me one of your daily drivers. OK how about the 98 kids need the stratus this week. Grrrrr being my best friend I said fine I'll take the junker

Holy crap!!! I fell in love!!!! Ridden hard and put down wet but she was a absolute blast!!! I liked the car so much that when he called and told me he smashed my truck into his hot tub I told him "I don't want to see her again until she is out of the body shop and perfect!!"

Yes trying to keep short
My company finally started letting us take our buckets home so my sierra has been in storage for the past couple yrs. and the wife has bugging me to sell her since we don't need 2 trucks.
I found another 79 TA for sale but the guy is asking way too much so I mentioned to my buddy that I may try to horse trade my truck for it.
Well he calls me early one morning. " Want to trade for the 98+ cash?"
Did straight up trade today even though is truck was worth around $1,500 more on KBB on the condition when the motor blows we pull it in his garage.
Soo stoked yet sad but at least I know my truck is in good hands.

This is going a pretty big project to restore her.
1st thing is getting the drivers seat working for the wife then the headlight gear and maybe paint next winter

Wife- midlife crisis, but happy
Brother inlaw -jealous
Sister- midlife crisis
Dad- just hung up the phone.. Mustang memories
Mom- Do not let the girls drive it!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Regular

Congrats on the 4th gen.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice