Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Factory c5 z06 wheels 18x10.5 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory c5 z06 wheels 18x10.5 question

Ok so i picked up a set of zo6 wheels a while ago for my firebird and i went to install the rear wheels and they hit the bump stop so i know ill need to cut that out bfh mod but do i need to run a spacer also i plan to run a 315 after but right now the 295 have life left.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:21 PM
paq
Staging Lane

on my car, BFH was needed at first to run the 315/30 falken RT615. then I cut the bump stop to be able to pull off the wheel when the car is on the lift. I'm on stock heigth and stock panhard bar, no spacer. for the next year, adjustable panhard bar and control arm are on the list to make sure the rear end is centered ( it's toward left by almost an inch and the wheels point to the left by 1/16)

with new nitto NT555 RII 305/35, as it sit now, it was rubbing badly they are wider and higher than the 315 falken ! more BFH is needed to make enough room since I don't want to run spacer....

but each car is different so good luck and post pic when it will be done!

-paq
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

well I the wheels on last night and it was to dark to take pics, it was a battle to cause after I cleared the bump stops the wheel didnt wanna go over the axle hub it was like it was too big for the wheel so I cleaned the hub area on the axles and the wheel cause they could of been dirty and build up on them, after that I got them on car sitting evven on the axle, but I was sure where I needed the bfh mod done but now I know where I need to do it, when I have the car up on the hoist in 2 weeks Ill take pics of where it hits with out modding, I also plan on doin the same rear mods like u now with the wider tires I guess the adjustable bar and control arms would be best to keep the axle and wheels centered.

Quick Reply: Factory c5 z06 wheels 18x10.5 question